3.15.2011

Button's Room


We put the finishing touches on Button's room about a week ago. A bit overdue since she's now over two months old, but not really since she's still sleeping in the bassinet in our room anyway! This is hands-down my favorite room in the house. It's so bright and cheerful. I had so much fun finding all of the pieces and seeing how it all tied together in the end. When I found out we were having a girl, I knew I didn't want to decorate a pink room. I'm just not a pink girl. Never have been. Don't get me wrong, it's cute on her, I just didn't want a room with pink walls. We decided to go with orange as the main color and used yellow and turquoise as accent colors. One of my dearest friends, Lindsey, painted the whole room for us (ah-mazing!) and my husband, with the help of Bug, laid the bamboo flooring. 


Where it all came from:

Rug: "Fantasia"

Curtain, rod and pillow: Target

Mirror, green throw, dresser drawer knobs: HomeGoods

Embroidery hoops: I made them. Fabric from JoAnn Fabrics. As seen on my most favorite blog ever, Under the Sycamore

Every Little Thing: KokoStudios, frame - Ikea "Ribba"

Matryoshka doll quilt: Sewn Natural

Butterfly collection: Made it. As seen on Blissfully Domestic

Owl Calendar (Jan/Feb/March resting on top of butterfly collection - more to come of these!): Gingiber

Origami crane mobile: Made this, too.  Seen on Ohdeedoh, but I can't remember when.

Chair, crib, and dresser/changing table:  Hand me downs.

'I Love My Sister" frame (above top right): Our friends Kim and Andrew helped Bug make it. Best gift ever.

Light switch: It was my husband's when he was a child.  Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment