11.22.2011

Mind Dump

Laundry, bookkeeping, stuff pinata, buy the stuff to stuff the pinata, wrap gifts, pack...

What a wild couple of weeks it's been!  So much for a slower pace.  That didn't last long.  I've had to work the past two weekends, so with only one day off since the 7th of this month, our home business computer crashing (bookkeeping nightmare!), preparing for very important little man's fourth birthday and getting ready for a trip to Michigan, I'm not sure how I've stayed sane other than the fact that I haven't been to bed before 1:00am in over a week. 

I can't help but think in times like these about the dream of being a stay-at-home mom.  In my mind, I'm a better cook, mother, wife, housekeeper, truck crasher, swing pusher, bike rider, boo boo kisser, and business partner for my husband.  I'd have time for the important things.  I'd feel better about the way I'm able to take care of myself and my family.  Of course, it would come with its own list of challenges, too, as any SAHM can attest to, but the dream lives on.

In the meantime, I keep telling myself to take a deep breath.  I check the items off the never-ending to-do list. I focus on being present when I'm with the kids.  I (try to) let go.  And I remind myself to be grateful for all of the things that keep my mind racing on nights like tonight.  Isn't it truly a gift to have a huge pile of laundry (a family to make the pile!), toys all over the living room floor (kids playing!), a growing business to account for (maybe one day I can be a SAHM!), and the busy-ness of life (work, friends, family)?

I feel better now.  Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment