6.25.2011

Dabbling With Baby-Led Weaning

As Button gets closer to eating solid foods, I've been reading up a lot on Baby-Led Weaning (BLW).  The concept is quite simple, actually.  Baby eats what we eat.  I wouldn't puree everything like I did when Bug was little.  I would offer large chunks of whatever we're eating (with the exception of nuts, honey, and dairy at this point) for her to gnaw, gum and smoosh.  At the earliest stages, the idea is about exploring the food rather than actually making a meal of mealtime.  (Yes, I'm prepared for the mess... )

I'm not sure why this is so intriguing to me because I actually had fun with all of my homemade purees for Bug, but it is nonetheless.  Button's first and only food so far has been banana.  I plan to start adding more variety to her diet soon.  In the meantime, I'll be reading these sites:

No comments:

Post a Comment